Thursday 23 June 2011

A bit of a break!

Well with all good intentions I failed but I do have the excuse that we were accepted as foster carers and on 25th May 2011 a 5 year old boy came to stay with us!

It is going well and we seem to have an understanding although I must say he is quite accommodating although we were warned that there would be a "honeymoon" period and it seems that we are just coming to the end of that!  There are one or two things such as strength of wills, I will and I won't and I can do what I want but we now have this under control too.  All in all I think we are coping quite well.  Apart from the cooking washing ironing and general cleaning, Bill does the school runs and general running about for contact visits etc.

Having had to go back to basics especially at our age I think we care coping admirably!!

So in the future I will carry on with my other story. Just to let you know that on 16th July my new found brothers birthday, I will be going to Grimsby as I have a school reunion, they are pulling it down afterwards, such a shame. I will be visiting my brother to celebrate his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment