Sunday 8 May 2011

Meetings and brothers

I will first say that it has been a pleasure meeting my 'new' brother and I feel he thinks the same as he is over joyed at finding his family at last.

When we met I had photocopied pictures of my mother, her sisters, grand parents, great grandparents, great Aunts and tagged them to enable him to take them away and get to know them without anyone around.  I did show him one or two other pictures of my family but thought it would be too mindblowing and much too much to take in.

I have since spoken to Stephen on quite a few occasions and we feel very comfortable with each other, I like to think, but I'm sure we do.  My other brother however,  jumped in at the end and rang the newspaper that I had put the ad in and as far as they new it could have been a hoax caller as they never contacted me to confirm anything.  I have since emailed them and told them alot of the facts they had were incorrect and they have apologised and said on hindsight it would have been prudent to have contacted me. I have included the article for anyone to read who is interested.

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk
THESE siblings were reunited after almost 50 years – thanks to an article in the Grimsby Telegraph. Doug and Patricia Hiles were born to Dorothy...

No comments:

Post a Comment